Want to create WordPress website?
Would you like to create a WordPress websites yourself? I am going to teach you how to create a website fast, using a minimal set of tools and following my instructions. To start I am going to ask you to download the following program. I presume you are using Windows as your operating system. If you are using Mac then instructions are the same and the software you have to download is also available for Mac, but check the respective website to make sure.
- Step 1 – Download the latest version of Local at https://localwp.com/
- Step 2 – After the program is installed, open it and click on the big + in the bottom left corner
- Step 3 – You are given two options, but just leave them as is and click on the continue button, bottom right.
- Step 4 – Give the website a name and click continue again.
- Step 5 – Next window you are given options again to select an environment. If you know what you’re doing you can select custom, but for now I suggest leave as is and click continue.
- Step 6 – On the next screen you are asked to enter the admin user details. Enter your details and click on add site. The program will create your site and once created you will see a page as in the picture of this post.
Your website is now created. There is an option to automatically log you in when you click on WP Admin. It’s called One-click admin and I suggest you enable it and choose your user name, you created in the last step from the list. Click on WP Admin and you are taken to your newly created website, where you can install plugins and themes, which I will teach you in the next lesson.